MenuButtonWidgets

Post by Walter Duf » Fri, 05 Apr 1996 04:00:00

My standard Linux distribution came with the X, Xt and Xaw libraries
which I'm trying to use to write some simple X-window programs.  Is
there any documentation providing details on the widgets available
using these libraries.  I'm using an old motif book which gives lots
of programming examples using the Xt widgets but the Xm widgets don't
all seem have Xaw analogs.

As an example, the callback list for the xmPushButtonWidget is called
XmNactivateCallback.  What is the name of the callback list for the
MenuButtonWidget defined in /usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xaw/MenuButton.h?

Any help would be appreciated.

WWD

MenuButtonWidgets

Post by Gerhard Traeg » Sat, 06 Apr 1996 04:00:00

: My standard Linux distribution came with the X, Xt and Xaw libraries
: which I'm trying to use to write some simple X-window programs.  Is
: there any documentation providing details on the widgets available
: using these libraries.

Try
"The Definitive Guides to the X Window System", vol. 4, (not 4m!),
"X Toolkot Intrinsics Programming Manual" by A. Nye and T. O'Reilly,
O'Reilly &Associates, Inc, ISBN 1-56592-003-1

or
ftp://ftp.uu.net/published/oreilly/xbook/xt

--
gerhard

MenuButtonWidgets

Post by Patrice Forti » Sun, 07 Apr 1996 04:00:00

: As an example, the callback list for the xmPushButtonWidget is called
: XmNactivateCallback.  What is the name of the callback list for the
: MenuButtonWidget defined in /usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xaw/MenuButton.h?

I think it's XtNcallback.

The O'Reilly books are excellent, try tome 4.

Lokh.