xf86OpenSerial: Cannot open device /dev/input/mice

xf86OpenSerial: Cannot open device /dev/input/mice

Post by Eric Podic » Sat, 14 Jun 2003 14:49:26

The mouse is OK, I cannot start KDE.
What is wrong? Can some show me the good direction?

startX
XFree86.0.log.

(EE) xf86OpenSerial: Cannot open device /dev/input/mice
 No such device.
(EE) Generic Mouse: cannot open input device
(EE) PreInit failed for input device "Generic Mouse"
(II) UnloadModule: "mouse"
(II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Configured Mouse" (type: MOUSE)

Fatal server error:
Caught signal 11.  Server aborting

1. Cannot open master raw device '/dev/rawctl' (No such device)

After upgrading from the standard redhat 7.0 kernel to kernel 2.2.19 I
find I cannot access rawdevices such as hard drives.  When I run the raw

-qa command I get the following error message Cannot open master raw
device '/dev/rawctl' (No such device)

I need to be able to access raw SCSI devices because I'm running
sanergy, can anyone help me fix this problem?

Thanks,

Sean Marshall

2. Linux on Canon Innova 350CD laptop ?

3. HELP ME

4. 1.3.7[01]: cannot open /dev/modem: no such device

5. Looking for Telnet client code

6. /dev/dsp cannot be opened: no such device

7. IPX Network number collisions

8. Help needed: remote restore: cannot open /dev/tty: Device not configured

9. Help with /dev/console: no such device, and "cannot open tty"

10. Cannot open mouse (Device or resource busy)

11. Cannot open mouse (No such device) Error Starting X

12. HELP: "Cannot open mouse (Device or resource busy)"