Acad/Linux/$99 only/ordering ...

Post by Yves Bellefeuil » Mon, 31 May 1999 04:00:00

> Linux CAD worth trying and using, we would not advertise it if this
> would not be the case.

Before anyone forks out good money for this product, you should search
DejaNews for the thread on "A LinuxCAD review", which reviewed this
software.

The review itself is at:

http://pw2.netcom.com/~rwuest/linuxcadreview.html

The vendors of this programme have fallen so low as to post in moderated
Usenet groups with forged "Approved" headers: see the post by the
moderator of comp.software.shareware.authors on 25 May 1999, Message-ID:

--

Ottawa, Canada
Francais / English / Esperanto

Acad/Linux/$99 only/ordering ...

Post by Christopher B. Brow » Mon, 31 May 1999 04:00:00

>> Linux CAD worth trying and using, we would not advertise it if this
>> would not be the case.

>Before anyone forks out good money for this product, you should search
>DejaNews for the thread on "A LinuxCAD review", which reviewed this
>software.

>The review itself is at:

>http://pw2.netcom.com/~rwuest/linuxcadreview.html

It is interesting to note that there was *another* "review" done in
Linux Gazette #41 as a "response" to that of Randy Wuest's review in
issue #30 (which is what the above URL provides a copy of).

The material at <http://www.ssc.com/lg/issue41/weaver.html> represents
an official "response" to Mr. Wuest's review.  (It's entitled
``Official Reaction of Software Forge Inc. to "LinuxCAD Review"''
which would support that assertion nicely...)

The quality of the "response" document is consistent with the "great
traditions" of the vendor's usual sales propaganda, complete with
spelling and grammar errors galore (which is *quite* fair comment when
we regard what can only be regarded as a "press release") as well as
the usual lavish claims of the software's ability to be used as a
replacement for anything vaguely involving vector diagramming.

And the usual:

"LinuxCAD is something every Linux user can benefit from and not only
designers and drafters."

Of course, anyone who disagrees with that, or other of their
assertions *must* be regarded as liars and be disregarded; the
"response" is summed up by the following:

   "We are hard working, good guys! Disregard that "anti-Linux" lie you
   may have seen in that review!"

Another URL that should be examined by those that would consider
taking the "Freedom of Choice CAD" claims seriously would be:
  <http://www.zip.com.au/~erikd/lcad.html>

>The vendors of this programme have fallen so low as to post in moderated
>Usenet groups with forged "Approved" headers: see the post by the
>moderator of comp.software.shareware.authors on 25 May 1999, Message-ID:

I tend to think that the material *in* their postings are more
important in establishing "How low can they get?" than somewhat
abtruse Usenet policies that many won't care much about.

-- Henry Spencer          <http://www.hex.net/~cbbrowne/lsf.html>

1. Rack mount 486-66 systems $99 incl shipping (run linux, adaptec scsi)

I put one of these up for auction along with some photos.
All in all have about 100 of them in the warehouse and
will sell at $75/each in lots of 20 including shipping
in the continental USA.
Individual price $95 incl shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=173251541

phone or email to discuss
-bob
404-888-0389

I'm in Atlanta if you want to pick them up and I'll knock off
the estimate of shipping charges that was figured into the $.

2. Kingston Networking Card

3. Free demo of Megahedron: a programmable 3D graphics engine, $99 Win32/AXP/Linux/SGI

4. ac-patches kill maestro3 sound driver on 2.4.20-pre7 and pre8

5. Dedicated LINUX servers in Hosted in AU - au$99/month - OWN $299/Month

6. Apache 1.3.9 Released!

7. Metrolink Motif 1.2.4 for Linux forsale $99

8. Memory management library package wanted.

9. The rise of the $99 'consumer' Linux distribution

10. Access for $99, Linux for FREE!

11. Sniff+ for Linux for $99, where?

12. FS: DEC Alpha 166mhz Multia's AVAILABLE - - - $99 - - -

13. Solaris 2.4 for $99