Missing Console

Post by Eric Adkins » Fri, 13 Sep 1996 04:00:00

I've just installed Slackware and while trying to get set up for
XFree86, I issued 'X -probeonly' to see what I could see about my
Matrox Millennium. The output file I specified contained all the
information I was expecting right up to the point where it said:

"Fatal Server Error:  /dev/console does not exist"

or something to that effect. Any clues?

Missing Console

:

--
Right, that is what it says, particularly if you installed from
cd. There is a nice script in /dev called MAKEDEV.  Become root,

Carolyn Beckman

1. *** ark2000pv and missing CONSOLE ***

To start off with. I'm brand new with this whole Linux thing.

The installation of Slackware 96 went well, but when I run SuperProbe
it ouputs the following message:

"xf86OpenConsole: Cannot open /dev/console (No such file or dirictory)"

I have a Legend ark2000pv card and a Tatung 14UAR monitor.

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated !

Corne van Biljon
BNC Computers
<http://www.icon.co.za/~vbil>

2. xxgdb and Permission mode of /dev/ttyp2

3. Missing Console

4. XConfigurator?

5. Second virtual console missing in SuSE-installation

6. Digital Series 500/550i Color Inkjets

7. Missing /dev/console!

8. what did you do, quit your job ? 1449ZTMt1-l9

9. Missing /dev/console ?

10. Console messages in X missing...

11. Line drawing characters missing from RedHat 8.0 linux console font/termio?

12. Missing /dev/console under 2.0.27

13. X Windows: /dev/console missing