Font errors on Gnome-2.0 while redirecting X to Exceed/X-Win32

Font errors on Gnome-2.0 while redirecting X to Exceed/X-Win32

Post by Jared R. Jon » Tue, 19 Nov 2002 04:42:26

Hello,

  I have a server running Red Hat Linux 8.0 with everything installed,
using Gnome-2.0.  My workstation is running WinXP, and I have both
Exceed, and X-Win32 as my PC's X server so I can do XDMCP, etc.
sessions from my Linux server.

  When I run X applications, redirecting my display to my WinXP PC
running Exceed, or X-Win32, I get font errors.  I am unfamiliar with
Linux fonts, and would appreciate any help!

***When running Sawfish 2.0 (included with RH 8.0):

Missing charsets in FontSet creation
        ISO10646-1
        JISX0208.1983-0
        KSC5601.1987-0
        GB2312.1980-0
        JISX0201.1976-0

***When running XEmacs 21.4:

Warning: Missing charsets in String to FontSet conversion

***When running gnome-system-monitor (or other Gnome applications):

Xlib:  extension "RENDER" missing on display "192.168.1.2:0.0".

Regards,
Jared Jones

1. X-Win32 5.1.1 - Changing Fonts

Ok, I run Windows 2000.  I finally got X-win32 to connect to my
school's network and I can run X-Window sessions and everything.
However, I would like to change the font from the very small default
it uses.  I went over the help file and removed fonts and added
others, but no matter what I do, the font stays the same (actually, I
can get a different font for the titles in the bars and other apps,
but Xterm uses the default font no matter what I do).  I did a search
on Google and came up empty.  StarNet states that the fonts that it
uses are stored locally on the PC and not on the Unix system.  So, if
it using fonts from my system, theoretically, I should be able to copy
over Xterm's default fonts with whatever I like, right?  How would I
do this?

Thank you,
Adam

2. can't login at all

3. GIMP font problem with X-Win32 on '95

4. open() on Door

5. X-win32 on win98 error message==>Where Are You ?

6. SLIP setup: how to?

7. help with X-win32 client software

8. how to map keyboard keys to sun keyboard ?

9. sygate and x-win32 question

10. help with running X-win32 with RedHat 7.0

11. X-win32 doesn't work for RH 6.1!?

12. help with running X-win32 with RedHat 7.0

13. X-Win32, SSH and Blackbox Desktop?