problem with xmkmf

Post by Remco van den Ber » Sat, 11 Jul 1998 04:00:00

When I try to run xmkmf on an Imakefile, I get the following error:

  %> xmkmf
  mv -f Makefile Makefile.bak
  imake -DUseInstalled -I/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config
  cpp: Imakefile.c: No such file or directory
  imake: Exit code 33.
    Stop.
  %>

Does somebody now what could go wrong here?

Thanks,

-Remco

1. help - problem with xmkmf

I'm trying to install the moxfm file manager on Debian Linux 1.2
with XFree86 3.2.  The documentation says to run xmkmf to create
the makefiles for installation, but I get an error:

mv -f Makefile Makefile.bak
imake -DUseInstalled -I/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config
Imakefile.c:3: Imake.tmpl: No such file or directory
imake: Exit code 33.  Stop.

I see by browsing that the directory reference in -I does not
exist, and there is no Imake.tmpl on my system.

I read the man page for imake and it sounds like I need this
Imake.tmpl file.  Any suggestions where it can be obtained?

-raf

2. Questions concerning FreeBSD 4.4

3. Problem with xmkmf

4. NS Mail Notifier Continually Asks for Password...

5. Problems with xmkmf

6. Another Solaris 2.4 Question (gcc binaries)

7. problems with xmkmf HELP!

8. solaris 8 upgrade

9. HELP problem with xmkmf

10. Calling xmkmf, calling Dr. xmkmf.

11. OW3.1 xmkmf is ok - Re: Solaris 2.1 OW3.x xmkmf -- WRONG!

12. X11R6 Contrib xmkmf problem

13. Help: How to set environmental variable OPENWIN and xmkmf compilation problems/error