Viper SE (VLB) problems running X

Post by Bent Brunsgaard Anderse » Fri, 02 Oct 1998 04:00:00

HI,

I'm having BIG problems with my Diamond Viper SE (VLB) graphics board. It
seems like I can't get anything but 320x200 running on the SVGA X-server.
Whenever I try configuring and running the system with SuSe's XFCom_P9x00
server my Linux system hits the floor (locks up - completely).

Is this due to me running Red Hat 5.1 (kernel ver. ?), a old graphics board
rev., VLB bus or just simply old fashion stupididty (from my side)?

Please - any help will be deeply appreciated! (I've just used to much time
already)

My hardware:
ASUS 486 board
AMD 486-133 proc.
ADI 4GP monitor

Regards
Bent B. Andersen

1. Diamond Viper SE VLB

I saw some mention of other Diamong video cards being supported. I was
wondering if XFree86 supports the Diamong Viper SE VLB. I know that
Metro-X by Redhat does not even though their web site says it does.

Chris McGee

2. TEST MESSAGE

3. Any news on DIAMOND VIPER SE VLB (P9100) support?

4. Is win95 and samba worth it???

5. diamond viper vlb (se) - help!

6. redirect problem

7. Help with DIAMOND VIPER SE VLB with p9100 chipset

8. Printer filter for a Canon i350

9. Diamond Viper SE VLB

10. Viper SE VLB 9100 Card

11. Help with VIPER SE/VIPER PRO/Hercules Terminator 64

12. Diamond Viper VLB -- PCI-VLB mixup????