Gateway 2000 Solo Multimedia Laptop

Post by Brian K. Mos » Mon, 27 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Just installed Linux Pro 4.0 from WGS. When I run X it does not fill
the entire screen.  I suspect that something needs to be "fixed" in the
XF86Config file, but am unsure since I am newcomer to Linux.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Brian Moss
Amdahl Corp.
Dallas, Tx.

1. Gateway 2000 Solo S5-120XL laptop & Linux

I'm about to spring for a laptop on which to run both Linux and Windows
NT.  Can anyone tell me why I shouldn't opt for a Gateway 2000 Solo
S5-120XL (120MHz Pentium, 24MB RAM, 1.2GB disk, 4x CD-ROM)?  I've checked
the Linux laptop pages, but haven't found specific references to Gateway's
offerings.  I've seen lots of favorable opinions about Dell's laptops as
Linux platforms.  Are there reasons to opt for Dell over Gateway?  Also,
is there any reason to opt for a Linux distribution other than Red Hat
3.0.3?  Forgive my ignorance; I'm relatively new to the Linux world.  Any
and all advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

Eric Davies

2. forkpty

3. Gateway 2000 laptop w/Gateway SCSI PCMCIA

4. Trouble with "tar.gz" files

5. gateway 2000 solo sound help

6. Macronix MX98715 eithernet cards

7. Solaris 2.5 on Gateway 2000 Solo notebook?

8. gmod 1.3g available

9. Gateway Solo 2000

10. FreeBSD and Gateway 2000 Solo 9100

11. Linux on Gateway 2000 Solo 5100 LS

12. SCO 5.0.0 on Gateway 2000 SOLO

13. RedHat Linux on Gateway solo 2100 and solo 2200