xpilot woes....

Post by Daniel Cormie » Sun, 24 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hello,
 When I run xpilot with the server, it slow down my machine (AMD-K6 233, 64
mb RAM, 1.2 gig hdd, RH 5.2) incredably. The mouse starts skipping, the game
is slow to react to my commands, and the frames per second is very low, even
though I set the xpilot server to 32 frames per second (using this at the
commend line: xpilots -fps 32). This wasn't happening before. Any ideas?

1. CD-RW mounting woes in Mandrake 7.0 woe oh woe oh woe!

I hate to ask the often answered, but I have a TDK VeloCD CD-RW in my PII
233 machine installed as a master on the secondary IDE. I'm running
Mandrake-linux 7.0, and of course I get the bad link problem. I have run the
fix suggested on Mandrake's Web-page, but I can't figure a way to make the
fix either permenant or automatic. The fix (in case you haven't seen it is
to run "cdrecord -scanbus" to check for the presence of a working CD-RW,
then to type "cd /dev && rm cdrom && ln -s scd0 cdrom" in a terminal) This
fix works but there's got to be a better way...any thoughts.

2. HELP: NULL pointer on Solaris 2.5

3. XF86 Config set-up woes & woes & woes

4. Treating parallel port as serial device

5. need help: what is 'locale' xpilot does not start

6. NetBSD 1.5 and Perl

7. xpilot very slow. Is this normal?

8. Ftape I/O error??

9. Problems with XPilot