Newbie - XF86Config w/SiS 5597/5598 4Mb onboard video card in Debian potato

Newbie - XF86Config w/SiS 5597/5598 4Mb onboard video card in Debian potato

Post by Mike » Thu, 06 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Okay.  I don't seem to be able to run XF86Config (display equals black box
down lefthand side of screen, white everywhere else).  In attempts to edit
XF86Config manually, I am not sure how to set up the device for the
display.  Can Debian potato even handle SiS 5597 video cards?  I have
heard that the XF86_SVGA will drive the thing, but can't seem to figure
out how.

Thanks,
Mike

1. X resolution question for SiS 5597/5598 video card

I have installed XFree86 3.3.3.1 and have a problem with the
resolution. I do not understand how startx decides which resolution to
use.  For some reason I can only get 1024x768 which is just too small
for these tired old eyes. Ctrl-alt-keypad_+ doesn't seem to do
anything. I even edited XF86Config and moved that mode to the end of
each line in the screen section. I haven't tried removing it yet but I
don't see why I shouls have to. Am I missing some other file that is
forcing that resolution in spite of everything I do? Why doesn't the
hotkey to change resolutions work? TIA

2. LinuxDisks

3. kapm-idled question

4. SiS 5597/5598 video and X

5. where is nick copeland, author of slab?

6. sis 5597/5598 video problems

7. XFree86 4.0.2 / font anti-aliasing / mouse

8. SIS 5597/5598 cards?

9. SiS 5597/5598 support

10. SiS 5597/5598 RH6.1 problems

11. SiS 5597 / 5598

12. Drivers for SiS 5597/5598 svga adapter