Bye, Bye Mouse Pointer!

Post by Myron Uecke » Sat, 29 Aug 1998 04:00:00

    A few minutes ago, I ran XConfigurator to set up my monitor, now I
don't have a mouse pointer!  The mouse works fine, I just don't know
where it is.  Can somebody tell me how to get it back?

     Earlier I had my monitor set up as a Viewsonic 5e, however, I could
tell that the refresh rate was wrong.  Under that config I had a mouse
pointer.  I didn't lose it until I switched to the NEC monitor, which is
the correct refresh rate.  At lower resolutions, such as 800x600, I have
a mouse, its just at 1024x768, I lose the mouse.

  My mouse is a Logitech Trackman II connected to the PS/2 port.  I have
it set up as a PS/2 mouse.  For my monitor, I have it set up as a NEC
3DFx although its really a Viewsonic 5.  I'm running Red Hat 5.1.  Thank
you.

<Myron>

1. Bye bye emusic.com

emusic.com is a music service for which I pay $15/mo to be able to download
music.  Today I got a letter saying they will now offer album downloads
only with their EXCITING! NEW! proprietary download program, not available
for Linux (and apparently also not for MacOS before version 10).

So if you are a subscriber like me, please join me in telling them why
you're quitting.

2. 2.5.44 device_add double up() of device_sem

3. Swap space go bye-bye...

4. esix superblock?

5. Boot Block Bye Bye

6. ex_dev switched to dev_t

7. Bye bye linux nuts

8. Learn the truth - In Dear Recruiter we establish exactly what a recruiter does.

9. Bye-bye Linux! Hello OpenBSD!

10. BYE BYE LINUX...

11. man pages went bye-bye

12. Bye bye