XFree86 Question... again!

Post by Patrick Dan » Sun, 30 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Long story short... upgrading Corel Linux Xserver to 3.3.6 for ATI rage
128 support.

I put a regular card in the machine so i can do an upgrade.  I do just
as the xfree86 help pages say, but when i type X -showconfig (X linked
to the Mach64 server) it shows version 3.3.5, though when i do an
XF86Setup, the Rage card is available in the card menu..

Anyway, I put the rage card in, it hangs on XF86Setup, so i do
xf86config, that doesn't work either (hangs when it starts X)

I got the upgrade files from both the xfree86 ftp and kernel.org ftp
sites. tried both sets out with the same problem. Does anyone know
what's wrong?

Lastly, I have been having problems with this for about a week now, and
have been posting regularly for that time,  i'd like to thank all those
who've helped me along in the process.

Patrick.

1. Building Glibc 2.1.2 again, again and again

I finally built my glibc without errors.
And did a "make check" too. BUT where is the result from "make check" ?
It didn't report any errors as far as i could see.
Is there a log of  the outcome somewhere. I've been searching both rthe
source and build-drectories for some summarizing sort of log.
How can i tell if it's ok to do a "make install".

Any hints ?

2. Linux as a file server

3. Splitting c.o.l Again, and Again, and AGAIN!!!

4. elf vs. a.out binaries

5. Again, again, and again

6. ipfw: identifying locally generated packets ?

7. LinuxMall spams again and again and again...

8. newbie question - NewMedia LANSurfer Card

9. XFree86 & XFree86 Beta Question

10. Sendmail question again, Re: Sendmail question

11. mouse problems in Xfree86 3.1.2 (again)

12. again -> Headlands Tech chipset on Packard Bell '486 and XFree86?

13. Help again with XFree86