Graphics Card

Post by Russ Helbi » Thu, 13 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Help Please.

Ive a Graphics card:
Turbo Spectrum-400
Graphics & Mltimedia
        Acceleratot

Quote:>From AOC Internaational USA Ltd

311 sinclair FINTAGE rOAD
Milpitas CA 95035
800-343-5777 FAX 408-956-1516

All thry caan tell me is they don't have a Linux drive,
What questins can I ask to adapt some other driver?

Russ
--
I would to heaven that I were so much clay
        DON JUAN - Lord Byron

1. openGL Graphics card/all around graphics card recommendations?

Hello,

I am in the process of building a "second" PC which will run Linux,
most likely RedHat 6.0 or above.  One of the applications I intend to
run will do some intensive rendering/surfacing/CAD type stuff and runs
with the MESA library under Linux.

The Vodoo3 3000 cards are inexpensive enough for me to consider buying
one - and I know there is a Linux driver under development for this
chipset.

I also know that XFree86 has some support for 3Dlabs chips such as the
Permedia 2 on the ever popular under Windows Fire GL 1000.  So, I am
looking for opinions from those out there with some experience in this
area on the following questions:

1.      Which of these currently "supported," at least somewhat, would
give the best performance and why? (Under NT for CAD type
applications, from what I know, the answer would most likely be the GL
1000.)
2.      Which of these cards would give the best overall performance?
3.      Is there a better solution such as with a TNT2 or some other
chipset?

Thanks in advance!

All the best,
Matthew

2. mod_perl with apache_1.3.4

3. Voodoo 3 Graphics Card drivers for full screen graphics

4. wtmp corrupted, then...

5. Re-activate onboard graphic chip with AGP graphic card plugged?

6. Linux driver for ISA to SCSI FDTC 3510A

7. A Graphics card and adapter to give 24-bit graphics + 64k colours.

8. src.rpm's (HOW?)

9. Voodoo 3 Graphics Card drivers for full screen graphics

10. spider graphics card, promise EIDE card, adaptec 2842a = HELP!

11. Which graphics card & sound card would be recommended for a new pc

12. About integrated sound card and graphics card

13. Video Card probs. - Gateway STB, AGP 4MB Graphics Card ????