Help on Intel Express 3D and Samsung 7e

Post by Tanatho » Mon, 05 Apr 1999 05:00:00

Hi, I got a problem with setting my XF86Config file. My video card is an
Intel Express 3D and my monitor is a Samsung 7e. My card doesn't seem to be
listed in the predefined cards, so I am wondering if anyone knows how to set
it up (ex.: the clocks, the ramdak, the type of server i need, etc.). I am
also wondering if Samsung 7e is the same thing as Samtron 7e. If someone can
help me, please repost here, i do not check my mail really often...

Post by Shaven Ap » Wed, 07 Apr 1999 04:00:00

> Hi, I got a problem with setting my XF86Config file. My video card is an
> Intel Express 3D and my monitor is a Samsung 7e. My card doesn't seem to be
> listed in the predefined cards, so I am wondering if anyone knows how to set
> it up (ex.: the clocks, the ramdak, the type of server i need, etc.). I am
> also wondering if Samsung 7e is the same thing as Samtron 7e. If someone can
> help me, please repost here, i do not check my mail really often...

    You need the XBF server ftp.redhat.com/pub/XBF (I think?) you also need
the xf86config witch has the needed file "cards" after you get this stuff
read the instructions and ignore them ( at last check they didn't work)
create a link named XF86_XBF_i740 pointing to the server XBF_i740
run XF86Setup choose the proper stuff in each section if you don't know
it may not work so find out.
select Card then select your card ( Ignoring the error ) select monitor
enter you range -> Mode selection select your screen modes and default depth
16bpp is a good idea
                             -> do a done
                               _> do an OK
                                    _> do a save and exit

1. Intel Express 3d graphics card help and NT bootloader

I just installed Redhat 5.2, How do I configure X to work with my INtel
Express #D AGP graphics card with 8 megs of RAM?  I have a CTX VL710
17" monitor...

Also how do I set up NT boot loader to load Linux off a second
harddrive... Thanks

2. sliplogin problems

3. Intel Express 3D video card with AGP

4. WorkMan

5. Intel Express 3D video card

6. Top 10 subjects comp.unix.questions

7. Intel Express 3D Graphics Card - AGP driver's for Linux

8. Slackware 3.0 Network setup

9. Is the Intel 3d Express AGP supported by linux

10. Intel Express 3D and XFree86?

11. Intel 740 Express 3D

12. Intel Express 3D Graphics Card

13. Intel express 3D video card