mp3 files player in redhat 8 x kde ?

Post by Hans » Fri, 25 Apr 2003 04:30:00

Hallo,

How can I play mp3 files in redhat 8 x kde ?

Wav files are playable in konqueror and noatun.
So my soundcard is working properly.

xmms is available but is not capable to play mp3.

What to do to solve this ?

Hans Bollen,

Gangmaker van de linux werkgroep bij de Hcc in Eindhoven Holland.
Homepage : http://www.dse.nl/~linuxhcc

mp3 files player in redhat 8 x kde ?

Post by Teemu Rytilaht » Fri, 25 Apr 2003 05:52:03

Quote:> Hallo,

> How can I play mp3 files in redhat 8 x kde ?

> Wav files are playable in konqueror and noatun.
> So my soundcard is working properly.

> xmms is available but is not capable to play mp3.

> What to do to solve this ?

Maybe this? http://havardk.xmms.org/dist/xmms-1.2.7-rh8-rh9-rpm/

HTH.

--
- tpr
Teemu Rytilahti

mp3 files player in redhat 8 x kde ?

Post by Mark » Fri, 25 Apr 2003 11:17:13

Quote:> Hallo,

> How can I play mp3 files in redhat 8 x kde ?

> Wav files are playable in konqueror and noatun.
> So my soundcard is working properly.

> xmms is available but is not capable to play mp3.

> What to do to solve this ?

> Hans Bollen,

> Gangmaker van de linux werkgroep bij de Hcc in Eindhoven Holland.
> Homepage : http://www.dse.nl/~linuxhcc

http://osnews.com/story.php?news_id=1890

Mark

1. Need mp3 to mpy file converter for RCA Lyra RD1080 mp3 player

I have an RCA Lyra RD1080 mp3 player which connects through USB to my
computer running Fedora Core 2. I can read and copy files from its
filesystem just fine. However, the Lyra uses mpy files, (its proprietary
format) rather than mp3 files. Thus I need to convert my mp3 files prior
to downloading them to the Lyra. This is done under Windows using
MusicMatch Jukebox, but there is no Linux version of that program (there
was a beta version in 2001, but apparently it was never continued).

I have serached the web extensively to find an mp3 to mpy file
converter, with no luck.

Does anyone have a program that converts mp3 files to mpy files? Without
it, my player is useless with Linux.

Thanks

John McFee

2. Logging for sendmail

3. Good mp3 player for kde 2?

4. wu-ftp: limiting no. of connection for a class

5. MP3 Player 4 MP3 CD's?

6. Z-modem source code

7. Sound, Real Player, and MP3 players

8. HTTPD

9. CD Player and MP3 Player for Solaris 8

10. MP3 Player & VCD Player

11. Noatun + Redhat 8.0 = Broken MP3 player

12. MP3 player for Redhat win a 486 DX4/100 wanted

13. MP3 player for Redhat 6.1?