HELP compiling Mosaic v2.4 for Linux

Post by Carl J Digiorg » Fri, 06 Jan 1995 06:50:16

Hi,
I finally successfully configured X on my Linux system, but am having trouble
porting Mosaic for Linux.  I am using the ATI MACH 32 chipset.  My kernel
version is 1.1.59.  I ftp'd the version of Mosaic from NCSA and have
unpacked it, but I am having trouble with the Makefile.  Could someone please
send me a working Makefile so that I may use it?  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.  Thank you.

--
   _ _ _  _ _ _  _ _
  / _ _/ /_  _/ /   \  Carl J. DiGiorgio         "The reward for work well

Post by Ivan A. Beverid » Tue, 10 Jan 1995 00:44:57

: Hi,
: I finally successfully configured X on my Linux system, but am having trouble
: porting Mosaic for Linux.  I am using the ATI MACH 32 chipset.  My kernel
: version is 1.1.59.  I ftp'd the version of Mosaic from NCSA and have
: unpacked it, but I am having trouble with the Makefile.  Could someone please
: send me a working Makefile so that I may use it?  Any help would be greatly
: appreciated.  Thank you.

Well - the port has already been done - it's with the Slackware stuff, in the
non-commercial-use directory.

Try looking at ftp.cdrom.com under /pub/linux/slackware/non-commercial-use

Ivan

P.S. comp.os.linux.help is supposed to go, so I have not posted there.
--

1. Can't get Mosaic help w Linux Mosaic.

I have been using Mosaic on Linux for many months
to browse the entire universe, thank you very much!

But I have never been able to pull down the help
menu and get anything.  Any attempt to connect to
"www.ncsa.uiuc.edu", where the help is, fails, or at
least takes forever. Are these files on some mirror site?

Any ideas?  Thanks.

2. Bill knows what's best for you

3. Looking for Mosaic v2.4 for Linux binaries

4. automount and others

5. Compiling Mosaic for Linux - help needed

6. RESOURCE: List of some recent Solaris articles

7. V2.2.0 & V2.2.2 kernel do not compile on a m68k Amiga A1200

8. ATI All-in-Wonder

9. Help compiling pcnfsd v2.0 for linux

10. Mosaic v2.6b3 under OSE 5

11. Mosaic and the new Term (v2.0.4)

12. IO Overflow via putc() in GCC v2.6.3, Slackware v2.x Linux v1.2.11

13. Compiling Mosaic on Linux