Where is XFconfig?!

Post by Christopher P. Norm » Mon, 08 May 1995 04:00:00

I have the Trans-Ameritech cdroms for LinuxWare march 95 and supplement
April 95.  After installing it through the Windows method and deciding
that sucked, I make my own partition and installed "the harder way" from
the supplement disk.  Everything is fine and dandy, except that I don't
have the XFconfig anymore!  Where the hell is it located? I can't find it
on the www sites, the cdrom, and it certainly didn't get installed to the
HD.  Basically, I'm trying to set up my Diamond Stealth 64 Vram 2meg
(isn't everyone?), and since no one will post their config file and would
rather tell you how to do it, I haven't been able to run X yet.

So, I beg of you, please 1)post your XFconfig file, or 2)help me find the
program! THis is such a pisser!

Frustrated,
        qrisP

says...

I admire your passion, Chris..

The only issues which have kept myself from looking seriously at Linux
would be:

* It's Unix and the learning curve to start getting productive strikes me
as probably very steep

* It doesn't support plug-and-play.  If your hardware doesn't have Linux
drivers, it don't play..

* Not nearly the amount of developers out there doing stuff for Linux as
there are for Wintel.  Can I get MS Office for Linux?  Can I get
Photoshop for Linux?  Can I get QuarkXpress for Linux? etc.. a big turn
off for me.

--
Reuben King
Email: "reuben at texas dot net" (in plain english to foil spam-bots.

2. 3com 56k Voice Faxmodem PCI (model 5690)

3. Problems starting network in SuSE 9.1

5. Subdomains

6. Am I touchy? Or am I right?

7. fetchpop for solaris

11. I am si**y am I?