Translate modelines from Xconfig to XF86config

Translate modelines from Xconfig to XF86config

Post by David S Car » Sat, 01 Mar 1997 04:00:00

I have a Sony Multisync 17SF monitor and a Hercules 2MB Dynamite Pro
(ET4000) video card.  The card is supported by XFree86; the monitor is
not.  Both are supported by the Metro-X X server, but when I tried it, I
got a screen that didn't really work.  (Ghosts, xterms not being cleared
to black, refresh not clearing up the problems, are all problems.)

My question is, can the mode lines for my monitor produced by Metro-X in
Xconfig be used in XF86config?  And how?

David S. Cargo