blank desktop w/ red hat after install

Post by -|Turbo$yde| » Tue, 04 Dec 2001 03:38:48

Newbie that just installed red hat 7.2 for first time.  When I log on as
"root"  I get a blank desktop.  Sometimes the panel loads and sometimes it

manager, i guess) and I get a "Segmentation Fault", whatever that is.  How
can I get Nautilus to start properly. Any help would be appreciated.

A7V133 MoBo
AMD 1.1 Ghz
ATI VIVO 64mb Video card
Yamaha DS-XG Sound card
2 hard drives
GRUB boot loader on 2nd hd boot sector

TIA
Turbosyde

7.1 installation?

Here's my problem:

Please help!

2. System Configuration Question

3. Installing Red Hat packages after Red Hat is already

4. Modes for SyncMaster 6NE

5. Unable to install Red Hat 5.0 on my desktop.

6. New releases of Linux

7. Problem logging in after upgradation from red hat 8 to red hat 9

8. 'front' key

9. migrating from red hat 8.0 to red hat 9.0

10. X-problem in Red Hat 5.1: blank screen...

11. The Red Hats are coming, the Red Hats are coming

12. Red Hat Piranha and Red Hat 7

13. "Official" Red Hat vs. Red Hat