How do I start two X servers using MetroX and xdm?

How do I start two X servers using MetroX and xdm?

Post by Dirkjan Krijnde » Wed, 11 Jun 1997 04:00:00

In /etc/X11/xdm/Xservers, I have these lines:
:0      local   /usr/X11R6/bin/X :0 -XconfigFile /etc/X11/Xconfig_0
:1      local   /usr/X11R6/bin/X :1 -XconfigFile /etc/X11/Xconfig_1

X is a symlink to /usr/X11R6/bin/Xmetro.

Now, the X server doesn't seem to look for the config files I have specified.
Instead it complains it can't find a Xconfig file, because /etx/X11/Xconfig
does not exist. If I type the commands from the command line, everything
works fine and I can use both of the X servers.

It seems to be that the problem lies in the interaction between xdm and
Xmetro. Does anybody know of this problem? It works ok if I use XFree86
instead of Metro-X.

Dirkjan