Problem with Matrox Millennium II AGP and Asus P2B-D MB

Problem with Matrox Millennium II AGP and Asus P2B-D MB

Post by Jay Thoma » Tue, 22 Sep 1998 04:00:00

My MB is an Asus P2B-D.
My card is a Millennium II AGP with 8 meg. (Not the G200 or G100 etc.)

I understand why SuperProbe does not work. There is a simple VGA
chipset on Matrox cards in addition to the mga chipset.

I have tried the SuSE drivers and had no better results. According
to what I've read the SVGA server should support my card accellerated
anyway.

When I do the startx I get a socket connect error of 111.

Any ideas anybody? PLEASE!!!

Thanks,
Jay Thomas

Here is a previous post with the same problem I'm having.

Post by Mark Vojkovi » Wed, 23 Sep 1998 04:00:00

>My MB is an Asus P2B-D.
>My card is a Millennium II AGP with 8 meg. (Not the G200 or G100 etc.)

>I understand why SuperProbe does not work. There is a simple VGA
>chipset on Matrox cards in addition to the mga chipset.

>I have tried the SuSE drivers and had no better results. According
>to what I've read the SVGA server should support my card accellerated
>anyway.

>When I do the startx I get a socket connect error of 111.

>Any ideas anybody? PLEASE!!!

 That error message is useless.  Any useful message would have
occured before that.  That is merely a client (or xinit) finding out
that the server isn't running.  Please include full server output.

>Any ideas anybody? PLEASE!!!

>Thanks,
>Jay Thomas

>Here is a previous post with the same problem I'm having.

  William Braude doesn't have a Millennium II; he has a G200.

>> 0xe3000000, 0xe1
>> 000000

 0x0521 == Matrox G200 AGP

                        Mark.

1. slakware 3.6 with ASUS P2B DS (adaptec 2940) and matrox millennium II AGP

Hi,

I have some problems to make a kernel on my computer and to config XFree86.

I have a ASUS P2B Ds motherboard and two scsi disk, a scsi cdrom (Toshiba
XM-6201TA), a scsi CDRW (Yamaha CRW 4260), an ensoniq PCI sound card, an
ethernet card (3Com 509b) and a ViewSonic G790 monitor.

When i use the kernel aic7890.s, my computer work correctly but if i config
the kernel to use my ethernet card i do not obtain a kernel that work
correctly. This new kernel does not recognise my scsi drivers.

Plus, I can not create a XF86Config file that work with my computer

Thank you very very much

2. Dxr3 Boards

3. matrox millennium II AGP same as millennium G200 AGP2X ??

4. Weird RPC problem...

5. Which one works better, Millennium II PCI or Millennium II AGP?

6. fbcon breakage?

7. Asus P2B and Matrox AGP/PCI?

8. Pseudo Terminals

9. Solaris x86/2.6 reboot problem (ASUS P2B-D/P2B-DS Board)

10. MATROX Millennium G400 16 MB, AGP

11. Trouble w/ Tyan mb + Millennium II AGP

12. Matrox Millennium II AGP and XFree

13. Bad DGA throughput to Matrox Millennium II G200 AGP