Where can I find rpm for opengl man pages?

Where can I find rpm for opengl man pages?

Post by Carfield Yi » Tue, 25 Sep 2001 18:50:23

        I have install Mesa and I have the header files to develop opengl
software. However I have the man page of OpenGL functions, can anyone
tell me that where can I find rpm package for Mesa man page?

Post by S. Par » Thu, 27 Sep 2001 14:26:15

> I have install Mesa and I have the header files to develop opengl
> software. However I have the man page of OpenGL functions, can anyone
> tell me that where can I find rpm package for Mesa man page?

Since Mesa is not licensed OpenGL, they don't put man in rpm (nor
tarball). Why don't you visit opengl site (www.opengl.org)?

Regards.

Post by Carfield Yi » Fri, 28 Sep 2001 02:07:32

>> I have install Mesa and I have the header files to develop opengl
software.
>>  However I have the man page of OpenGL functions, can anyone tell
>>  me that where can I find rpm package for Mesa man page?

> Since Mesa is not licensed OpenGL, they don't put man in rpm (nor
tarball).
>  Why don't you visit opengl site (www.opengl.org)?

Actually I have ask the wrong question. All I need is only UNIX man
pages of opengl function avaliable at
http://www.eecs.tulane.edu/www/graphics/doc/OpenGL-Man-Pages/opengl_i....
Not necessary for Mesa or RPM package. However, I can't find it at
opengl.org, can anyone tell me where can I download it?

--

Carfield Yim, visit my homepage at http://www.carfield.com.hk

Post by S. Par » Fri, 28 Sep 2001 15:23:49

>>> I have install Mesa and I have the header files to develop opengl
> software.
>>>  However I have the man page of OpenGL functions, can anyone tell me
>>>  that where can I find rpm package for Mesa man page?

>> Since Mesa is not licensed OpenGL, they don't put man in rpm (nor
> tarball).
>>  Why don't you visit opengl site (www.opengl.org)?

> Actually I have ask the wrong question. All I need is only UNIX man
> pages of opengl function avaliable at
> http://www.eecs.tulane.edu/www/graphics/doc/OpenGL-Man-Pages/opengl_i....
> Not necessary for Mesa or RPM package. However, I can't find it at
> opengl.org, can anyone tell me where can I download it?

Did you try ftp.sgi.com/opengl/doc?

Where can I find rpm for opengl man pages?

Post by Carfield Y » Sat, 20 Oct 2001 02:29:12

Quote:> > Actually I have ask the wrong question. All I need is only UNIX man
> > pages of opengl function avaliable at
> > http://www.eecs.tulane.edu/www/graphics/doc/OpenGL-Man-Pages/opengl_i....
> > Not necessary for Mesa or RPM package. However, I can't find it at
> > opengl.org, can anyone tell me where can I download it?

> Did you try ftp.sgi.com/opengl/doc?

Thx, as recently I have many homework, so I download them until now.
However I don't know how to install them. I find that every section
have a file "Imakefile". I have run imake to try to generate Makefile,
but it only generate a Makefile with comments.

So I would like to ask do you know how to install them?

Post by S. Par » Sun, 21 Oct 2001 12:05:27

>> [ Clipped ]
> Thx, as recently I have many homework, so I download them until now.
> However I don't know how to install them. I find that every section have
> a file "Imakefile". I have run imake to try to generate Makefile, but it
> only generate a Makefile with comments.

> So I would like to ask do you know how to install them?

Umm.I got confused. Which manual file (from SGI) did you try to install?

Regards.

Post by Carfield Yi » Sun, 21 Oct 2001 15:52:22

>>>[ Clipped ]

>>Thx, as recently I have many homework, so I download them until now.
>>However I don't know how to install them. I find that every section have
>>a file "Imakefile". I have run imake to try to generate Makefile, but it
>>only generate a Makefile with comments.

>>So I would like to ask do you know how to install them?

>Umm.I got confused. Which manual file (from SGI) did you try to install?

>Regards.

ftp://ftp.sgi.com/opengl/doc/mangl[XX].tar.Z

Post by S. Par » Mon, 22 Oct 2001 14:08:55

>>>Thx, as recently I have many homework, so I download them until now.
>>>However I don't know how to install them. I find that every section
>>>have a file "Imakefile". I have run imake to try to generate Makefile,
>>>but it only generate a Makefile with comments.

>>>So I would like to ask do you know how to install them?

>>Umm.I got confused. Which manual file (from SGI) did you try to install?

>>Regards.

> ftp://ftp.sgi.com/opengl/doc/mangl[XX].tar.Z

The correct command is not "imake" but "xmkmf". It will make a Makefile.
I just checked the Makefile, and it looks okay. "make install.man" will
do it on /usr/X11R6/man tree.

Regards.

Where can I find rpm for opengl man pages?

Post by Carfield Y » Mon, 22 Oct 2001 19:02:18

Quote:>>Umm.I got confused. Which manual file (from SGI) did you try to install?

> >>Regards.

> > ftp://ftp.sgi.com/opengl/doc/mangl[XX].tar.Z

> The correct command is not "imake" but "xmkmf". It will make a Makefile.
> I just checked the Makefile, and it looks okay. "make install.man" will
> do it on /usr/X11R6/man tree.

> Regards.

Thx Thx Thx a lot!

1. man can't format new man pages - can't find DESC file

Yesterday I upgraded from term version 2.2.9 to version 2.3.5.
The upgrade included new man pages, but I can't view them with man.
For all of the new pages, when I type (for example) 'man term', I get:
Formatting page, please wait...
/usr/bin/groff: can't find `DESC' file
/usr/bin/groff:fatal error: invalid device `ascii'
/usr/bin/gtbl:/usr/local/man/man1/term.1:478:fatal error: output error

I had no problem with the man pages from version 2.2.9 of term, nor with
any of the other man pages in my system.  The system is rather old,
linux 1.0.9 from slackware.

When I run 'man -d termtest' I see a bunch of normal looking stuff, then
the following (line breaks inserted for readability where you see "{+}")
using default preprocessor sequence
found tbl(1) directive
Formatting page, please wait...
not executing command: (cd /usr/local/man ; /usr/bin/gtbl /usr/local/{+}
man/man1/termtest.1 | /usr/bin/groff -Tascii -mandoc | /usr/bin/col {+}
| /bin/gzip > /usr/local/man/cat1/termtest.1.gz)

Any advice appreciated..

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

::       http://www.msen.com/~lwp/         |          revolt now?         ::
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

2. COMMERCIAL: Red Hat's TriTeal CDE for Linux

3. Standard man pages to "Catted" man pages!

4. Cannot connect to leafnode server

5. How to format BSD man pages (groff man) using "classical" troff man?

6. Ricoh rs9200cd Help !!!

7. RPM Crashes with "//var/lib/rpm/packages.rpm not found"

8. NetBEUI over dial-up?

9. RPMS available for strace 4.1 and man-pages 1.28

10. Which RH7 RPMs contain the system info and man pages?

11. Emacs can't find newly installed man page

12. Cannot find man pages

13. man cannot find pages - after solaris 2.6 new install