Setting default fonts in X 4.0.1

Post by Eric Laffoo » Sat, 04 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Hi all,
I have XFree86 4.0.1 installed via rpm on Mandrake 7.1 and compiled KDE 2
which seems to allow particular font selection specific to the iso set. It
will work from a default font set however editing any fonts causes the
selected fonts to often become unavailable under the default group only
returning when I select an iso group.

My question is, xfs seems to be setting up a default font (or perhaps KDE?)
and I can't seem to find docs on how to set that. I have also tried to set
/etc/X11/fs/config to default to 100 dpi fonts by switching the order of
the 75 and 100 lines as well as the line that lists them... I still show 75
dpi in my information when I check it in kcontrol.

This is compounded by the fact that I also have Corel Draw 9 and about a
1,000 fonts to seach and the fact that koffice seems to select a default no
matter what information I set in kcontrol. I'm about to make misc unscaled
fonts unavailable as I am starting to hate fangsont ti and clearlyu fonts
but I suspect that is just more trouble waiting to happen.

Any help welcome and please email if it is convenient.
--
Eric Laffoon
A member of the Quanta+ Web development team