Where is Motif for linux?

Post by Peter walke » Mon, 15 May 1995 04:00:00

Hi
I am trying build a package that needs  the Xm include files.
However these files are not present in my include tree and obvious the
build fails. My question is this: Do I have to install and use the Motif
window manager for this to work. I am using openlook currently.

Secondly, if I build the package with this motif specification can I use
it under openlook? Finally if I have to use the Motif window manager, where
do I find a Linux version?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Peter

PS: Kindly mail me your replies.

Where is Motif for linux?

Post by Ken L » Tue, 16 May 1995 04:00:00

|> I am trying build a package that needs  the Xm include files.
|> However these files are not present in my include tree and obvious the
|> build fails. My question is this: Do I have to install and use the Motif
|> window manager for this to work. I am using openlook currently.

You need to install a Motif development environment (header files, libraries,
etc.).  I bought mine from InfoMagic (they are listed in the Commercial-HOWTO).

|> Secondly, if I build the package with this motif specification can I use
|> it under openlook? Finally if I have to use the Motif window manager, where
|> do I find a Linux version?

If you ship your app statically linked, it should work fine under the
openlook window manager.

--

Where is Motif for linux?

Post by roo » Wed, 24 May 1995 04:00:00

>Secondly, if I build the package with this motif specification can I use
>it under openlook? Finally if I have to use the Motif window manager, where
>do I find a Linux version?

>Thanks in advance.

>Best regards

>Peter

>PS: Kindly mail me your replies.

If you choose to switch to the Motif window manager their are three to four
distributions of Motif for Linux. I am using the Infomagic/Lasermoon port of
Motif 2.0. $99.00 from Infomagic.

Jim Roberts

Where is Motif for linux?

Post by David Ho L » Thu, 25 May 1995 04:00:00

Does anyone have the phone number or e-mail address to Infomagic ??

: >Secondly, if I build the package with this motif specification can I use
: >it under openlook? Finally if I have to use the Motif window manager, where
: >do I find a Linux version?
: >
: >Thanks in advance.
: >
: >Best regards
: >
: >Peter
: >
: >PS: Kindly mail me your replies.
: >

: If you choose to switch to the Motif window manager their are three to four
: distributions of Motif for Linux. I am using the Infomagic/Lasermoon port of
: Motif 2.0. $99.00 from Infomagic.

: Jim Roberts

Where is Motif for linux?

Post by roo » Sun, 28 May 1995 04:00:00

Infomagic can be contacted at 602-526-9565

ftp.infomagic.com

www.infomagic.com

Quote:>Does anyone have the phone number or e-mail address to Infomagic ??

1. I am wanting a SWiM motif

Where should I go/call if I want SWiM (Motif for Linux) ?

--
---====****)))))) Sean
 aka a whole bunch of other ppls on other mushes *grin*

 ***************************
 * Don't try this at home  *
 *      Boys & Girls       *

2. Problems compiling kernel...

3. What version of Motif am I running, etc.

4. CDR + Linux?

5. Motif++ available for linux/Metrolink Motif

6. "drvconfig" err msgs

8. APM troubles

10. Am I touchy? Or am I right?