frame buffer

Post by Neal Prober » Thu, 25 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Does anybody have any HOWTO information on using the frame buffer?
I would like to do startup and shutdown graphics screens.

Thanks.

1. Frame Buffering and Red Hat 7.0

I was installing Red Hat 7.0 this weekend and noticed something bad
about the installer. The Xconfigurator doesn't probe my card anymore
like v6.1 -&- 6.2. HA! I even used XF86Setup and it crapped out... just
a grey screen with the X for the mouse.

Which led me back to Frame Buffering....

From what I know about frame buffering, it allows the OS to access the
video card without having to use drivers.

WHICH MEANS: Any monitor or video card can be used and you get great
output. Switch monitors??? Doesn't matter...

QUESTION: Has anybody manually used frame buffering on their system and
can describe how they did it or point me to a great web site on how to
do it??

I have already checked out the HOW-TO but was unfortunate that it was
so dry that it changed the humidity in my house.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Undefined variable error (C-Shell)

3. FCode for SBus Frame Buffer - Solaris "boot -r" doesn't see it?

4. An alternative to TiVo?

5. frame buffer with old S3?

6. Respawning Error

7. frame buffer error

8. Installing Redhat on a second hard drive

9. No Default Frame buffer found

10. Xvfb virtual frame-buffer trouble with LOCAL-ZONES in sol10x86?

11. Frame buffer problem

12. NTSC/RS170 Frame buffer for FreeBSD ?

13. Frame buffer deapth?