XDMCP client from Linux on MacOS X

Post by Jeroen Bate » Sat, 29 Jun 2002 06:11:34

Can anyone PLEASE tell me how to easily and reliably set up MacOS X with
XDarwin to be a XDMCP client and have an icon in the dock to make a
connection with my main Linux XDMCP server.

PLEASE?

--

  Jeroen Baten            | EMAIL :  JEROEN at I2RS dot NL
 ____  _  __              | web   :  www.i2rs.nl
  |  )|_)(_               | tel   :  +31 (0)30 221 00 11
 _|_/_| \__)              | fax   :  +31 (0)30 220 31 91
           Kometenlaan 26, 3721 JT, Bilthoven

1. linux for ppc, linux for x86, macOS 9, macOS X, windows 98 all on one network?

I have three computers in my home, which I would like to network together,
and a fourth and fifth coming soon.  I know nothing about networking, and I
an using a dialup account right now, but soon will have cable.  I want to
network them to share files, a printer and the cable connection.  Two are
Macs, one dual booting OS 9 and SuSE, one with just OS 8.6, one is a Windows
PC (Windows 98), the next one I am getting is going to be a PC running only
linux (not sure which distro yet), and after that, I will be getting a
PowerMac G4 which I want to have dual booting between OS X and Linux PPC or
possibly NetBSD/ppc if I can figure it out.  Would a network incorporating
all of these computers from all of their different operating systems even be
possible?  Any advice or good sites for this type of stuff?

2. PCI video cards ?

3. Netscape 6.2.3 (Linux, Win32, MacOS-8, MacOS-X)

4. UNIX administration newbie needing help

5. Install Linux instead of MacOS X without MacOS 9

6. server nic cards and REd Hat 7.2

7. MacOS X/MacOS 8.6/Linux triple-boot

8. unix administration general info

9. Silly XDMCP/xdm/Linux question -xdm won't issue xdmcp queries properly.

10. XDMCP client for Linux?

11. Problems connecting from a X Windows Client to a Linux machine (XDMCP & GDM)

12. MacOS X - Open Source (was Re: MacOS X Server SHIPS!)

13. Why MacOS X is not MacOS 9 with Aqua..........