X-Term setup help

Post by Shehrzad Qures » Wed, 12 Jul 1995 04:00:00

        So I hear there is a program called ConfigXF86 which will
automate the create of an X config file for you.  When I type ConfigXF86
I get a bad command error.  Then I hear there is supposed to an index
file of sorts in /usr/X11/lib/X11/Xconfig, but I see no file
'Xconfig.index'.  My server is ET4000/W32 (XF86_W32) and I need help
getting the config file.  Could someone mail me a copy of theirs?  Thanks
in advance.

Shehrzad

X-Term setup help

Post by Robert McClintoc » Thu, 13 Jul 1995 04:00:00

The tool in slackware 2.2 is XF86Config, it worked for me just fine
but I dont know what database filenames it uses.  It can be run as
often as you like until you like what you see, the only thing you must
have is your monitor specs, and find video card in the database.

| 12 Marlborough Court,                                   |
| Pembroke Road, London, W8 6DE                           |

1. X-Term setup help

        I am having problems getting X-Term (X11R6, slackware) to get up
and running.  Specifically, my problem has to do with the Config file.  I
was under the impression that there was an index of smaple config files
in the following path : /usr/X11/lib/X11/XConfig/ , but I see nothing.
All I've got is a file called XConfig.eg, and I can't get mine to work
right.  Could someone mail me a copy of theirs?  Hopefully someone out
there with an ET4000/W32 (server XF86_W32) sees this and can help me
out.  I know I'll need to change the monitor stuff, but I need something
to help me get started.  Thanks in advance!

Shehrzad

2. Laptop Hibernation & re-partitioning

3. Smart-term vs. x-term

4. Help--Term won't share!

5. Help: Connect HP 700RX x-term to Linux PC

6. Alied Telesyn

7. HELP NCD X-TERM OVERLOAD

8. Application development strategy - rev.0.1

9. Help on Color X-term & CD-Player !!!

10. New to RH7 X-term help needed

11. Help me compile Colour X-Term under SLS

12. Help: PF keys on x-term VT100 emulation.

13. Help on X-term.