Sony GDM1932 fixed frequency monitor & Matrox Mystique

Sony GDM1932 fixed frequency monitor & Matrox Mystique

Post by Lance Whit » Sat, 17 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Has anybody successfully used a Sony GDM-1932 fixed freq. monitor with a
Maxtrox Mystique?

If so, could you post me the modelines settings.

Is there a site with a database of known monitor/graphics card settings? It
would sure come in useful at a time like this!

Thanks in advance

Lance White

Post by James Singleto » Mon, 19 Apr 1999 04:00:00

> Has anybody successfully used a Sony GDM-1932 fixed freq. monitor with a
> Maxtrox Mystique?

> If so, could you post me the modelines settings.

> Is there a site with a database of known monitor/graphics card settings? It
> would sure come in useful at a time like this!

> Thanks in advance

> Lance White

In my experience using the frame buffer is the best way to deal with
fixed freq. monitors, this is availible in 2.2.x (unless you want to
buy a very expensive video card). I belive the is (was) a site called
monitors.com? They listed all most every monitor know to man, and if I
remember correctly the GDM series were also used by Sun you might want
to check their sit as well.

Hope this helps...
Jim
--
Linux IS user friendly, it's just picky about who it's friends are.

1. Q: fixed frequency monitor and Matrox Mystique 220

Hi,
    I have a Next monitor (17'' sony trinitron, fixed frequency)
and a Matrox  Mystique 220 4MB card.

Does anybody know how to force a mystique card to do sync_on_green?
Putting  Option "sync_on_green" into XF86 config file didn't help.
When I used a (borrowed) sync on green adaptor it all worked ok.

And perhaps someone has an idea how to use this monitor in the
console mode?

                            Thanx
                                            Piotr

                     Piotr Adam Zolnierczuk

 177 Chem.-Phys. Building         http://www.pa.uky.edu/~zolnie
 University of Kentucky
 Lexington, KY 40506-0055         phone:  (606) 257-5565
 USA                              fax:    (606) 323-2846

                   written on recycled electrons

2. Bug in mod_vhost_alias

3. Fixed Frequency Sony GDM-1950 Monitor

4. My g++ doesn't work...

5. X and Sony 17" fixed frequency monitor (badged Sun)

6. How to disable booting to linux single

7. Configuring Xwindows with a Sony fixed frequency monitor and Cirrus Logic GD-5480 chipset video card

8. Linux as a subnet gateway

9. Fixed Frequency monitor Sony GDM-1963 - partial success

10. multiple video cards ; fixed frequency monitor ; Matrox Millenium ; Linux ; X

11. Matrox Millenium ; fixed frequency monitor ; vsync + hsync (fwd)

12. multiple video cards ; fixed frequency monitor ; Matrox Millenium

13. Matrox Millenium ; fixed frequency monitor ; vsync + hsync