help with running X-win32 with RedHat 7.0

help with running X-win32 with RedHat 7.0

Post by Hung Ngoc La » Fri, 12 Jan 2001 12:54:22

Hi Everyone,
I am having problem with running X-win32 on Microsoft Windows
connecting to my RedHat Linux 7.0 kernel version 2.4.  I also have
another RedHat 6.1 machine with kernel 2.2.18 and I do NOT have
problem connecting to this RedHat 6.1 machine using X-win32.
First, let me describe the steps that I use to connect to the RedHat
6.1 box:

1) On the Linux box, I edit the file /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm/Xaccess
           file by putting in the IP address of the Microsoft windows
           machine the will use X-win32 to connect to the linux box to run
           X,
2)Start xdm in the linux using root account and xdm starts with
         With a nice GUI,

3)On the Microsoft windows machine, I set X-config to connect
          to the linux box using XDMP,

4)Start X-win32 and everything works like a charm.

On the RedHat 7.0 box, I perform the same step that I did with the
RedHat 6.1 box.   I also perform the same procedure with X-config
on Microsoft windows machine with the exception of changing the
IP address for XDMP because both Linux boxes have different IP
addresses. This time X-win32 does not work with RedHat 7.0 box.
I notice that the xdm GUI interface for RedHat 7.0 is different.  It
comes with the Xfree86 Project banner.  Anyone has run into similar
situations, please help me with this one.  I would like to install
RedHat 7.0 so that I can compile kernel 2.4 with it.  It seems that I would
have to upgrade a few things (modutils module comes to mind) before I
can compile kernel 2.4 for RedHat 6.1.   I would rather install RH7.0 and
then compile kernel 2.4; however, I need to have this issue resolved.

Many thanks.
David

1. help with running X-win32 with RedHat 7.0

[...]

2. xf configuration for ATI Expresson?

3. How to do line feed on document

4. Tracking spoofed IPs possible?

5. Help with using X-Win32 to run Linux X Server from windows client

6. WebCalendar 2.6 released

7. what resources are recommended for running X-win32?

8. Using X-win32 to connect to a server running Red Hat Linux6

9. Running Applix using ReflectionX and Starnet X-Win32.