Download locations

Post by Grim Reape » Mon, 27 Nov 2000 04:00:00

I just got zipslack and I want to download and install X-Windows.  Where are
the best places to get it?
I know about ftp.cdrom.com/pub/linux/slackware/slakware/x1/
but I cant access the site.
Thanks very much.
Peter Roberts

1. overruling pkgsrc download locations

Heya.

Is there any way to override the default fallback location for pkgsrc sources?
My NetBSD machine often tries downloading things from ftp.netbsd.org as a
last resort, but, being connected via IPv6, tries to do so over IPv6. However,
I haven't been able to reach (ftp|www).netbsd.org over ipv6 for quite a
while now; the traceroute seems to end up in an endless loop.

Eventually things will timeout, and eventually things will be retrieved
via IPv4. Can I skip the IPv6 part of this process, without doing creepy
things like putting ftp.netbsd.org in my own nameserver?

--

         Geek code: G--  - Visit OuterSpace: mud.stack.nl 3333
   Kees J. Bot: The sum of CPU power and user brain power is a constant.

2. Frustrated newbie. basic problem.

3. A handler for the Nimda virus - download location, etc.

4. sendmail FAQ?

5. HELP: Netscape Download file location.

6. X-Server source code

7. Konqueror Location Bar Locations

8. Emacs 19.30 with motif in Solaris 2.5

9. md5 checksums for 4/2001 companion cd download [was Re: Problems downloading Companion CD]

10. More than 1.5 million Linux downloads on Download.com

11. Did I download the right stuff and did it download right???

12. How to download Netscape, without using the download script ?