Matrox PCI display adapter

Post by Hannu H. Kar » Sun, 18 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Sattuuko kukaan tiet?m??n, onko Matroxin PCI v?yl?iselle
n?yt?nohjaimelle ajureita Linuxissa? Kortti pit?isi olla
2 MB videomuistilla. Jostain syyst? ko. kortti ei toiminut
edes standardi-VGA moodissa.

Hannu H. Kari

Matrox PCI display adapter

Post by Bryan Lev » Sun, 18 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> Sattuuko kukaan tiet?m??n, onko Matroxin PCI v?yl?iselle
> n?yt?nohjaimelle ajureita Linuxissa? Kortti pit?isi olla
> 2 MB videomuistilla. Jostain syyst? ko. kortti ei toiminut
> edes standardi-VGA moodissa.
> Hannu H. Kari

Sorry, but I have absolutely NO clue as to what you just said.  Being that
English is [sort of] the de-facto standard in international USENET
communication, you may get more answers if you repost in English (or get
someone local to translate for you).

But, let me take a random shot at this: the matrox card is NOT supported under
XFree86.  You have to buy a commercial product (approx. $100 US).

(I hope I guessed your question correctly) ;-)

--
.bl

Microsoft is not the answer; Microsoft is the question. Linux is the answer.

1. Matrox G200 vs Matrox Mil II pci

Hi
I've currently got linux set up to boot from the same machine as Win95.
I've found myself spending most of my time in linux so I've decided to
set linux up on a dedicated machine of its own. The current Win95
machine has a Matrox G200 which handles X-windows with good speed. I'd
like to leave this card in the windows machine since it does 3d and I
have not seen any need for 3d support in linux, but I don't want to slow
X down any.
I have a Matrox Millenium II pci card available. I'd like to use it in
my linux only box. Is it just as fast in X-windows as the G200? Is there
a faster card than either of these for X?

I'd like the X stuff to run as fast as possible. WindowMaker deserves
the best video card I can give it.:)

I know I could try both and see, but I thought I'd post here before
doing that to see if anyone has any experience with both cards(Or any
card that is faster under X).  I'd appreciate any info anyone would be
kind enough to share.

Thanks
Jim Smith

2. Compiling a c++ program

3. Network adapter compatability HP EN1207D-TX PCI 10/100 Fast Ethernet Adapter

4. profiling linux kernel

5. PCI version for Matrox G450 PCI ?

6. Solaris utility connecting to MS SQLServer

7. Continued PnP PCI BIOS and PCI SCSI adapter problems

8. Compiling Octave - please help.

9. PCI BIOS 2.1 + PCI Orinoco Adapter = Win95?

10. PCI hiccup installing Lucent/Orinoco carbus PCI adapter

11. Asus PCI-875 PCI SCSI Adapter

12. Jaz Drive, Jaz Jet PCI Host Adapter, SCO UNix 5.0.4, PCI/SCSI

13. 3Com EtherLink XL PCI adapter (3C900 PCI)