How to enable the XFce window manager for RH5.2

How to enable the XFce window manager for RH5.2

Post by Dupr » Thu, 10 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Hi,
I installed the complete package XFce and XFwm (binaries)
I can't figure out how to make this windowmanager the active wm
right now I have FVWM2 and afterstep I can select between them in the
start menu But thats all

Thx,

How to enable the XFce window manager for RH5.2

Post by John Thomps » Fri, 11 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>I installed the complete package XFce and XFwm (binaries)
>I can't figure out how to make this windowmanager the active wm
>right now I have FVWM2 and afterstep I can select between them in the
>start menu But thats all

Just get to a bash prompt in your home directory and run
"xfce_setup" and it will run a script to make the needed changes.
You old config stuff is stored in a backup directory and can be
restored with a similar script.