Joystick support

Post by Frederic Lepied [STERIA SIT] 695771 » Tue, 26 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Is anyone working on adding joystick support or any additional input device
support to xfree using the XInput extension?

Fred

Joystick support

Post by Iva » Tue, 26 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>Is anyone working on adding joystick support or any additional input device
>support to xfree using the XInput extension?

Dunno about that, but Linux has a joystick driver. I"m not at home so I
can't get you a site to pick it up from. Hopefully it's made it into
the main code base and various commercial distributions by now.

Joystick support

Post by Frederic Lepi » Thu, 05 Oct 1995 04:00:00

    >> Is anyone working on adding joystick support or any additional input device
    >> support to xfree using the XInput extension?

    Ivan> Dunno about that, but Linux has a joystick driver. I"m not at home so I
    Ivan> can't get you a site to pick it up from. Hopefully it's made it into
    Ivan> the main code base and various commercial distributions by now.

Thank you but I know linux has joystick support.

What I want to know if someone is working to add extended input capabilities
to xfree86 like joystick, tablet, space ball, touchscreen...

I begin to have a working patch to deal with joystick support. If you want
to see my patch or have any information relevant to such a project, feel
free to send me email.

Fred

1. Joystick support with PS joystick

I have two PS joystick and my soundcard is AC'97 sound chip on board.
My linux distrio is debian 2.2 and my kernel is 2.2.19.
My sound card works well under linux.

I have tried the setting as follow
# modprobe joystick
this step seems OK.
# modprobe joy-console js_console=0x378,6,6,0,0,0
but it didn't work. Error msg: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect
module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters

My /dev are as follow

/dev/js0 c 13, 0
/dev/js1 c 13, 1
/dev/js2 c 13, 2
/dev/js3 c 13, 3

Thanks a lot

2. who was it talking about unprofessionalism in web pages?

3. Joystick support -- Error, no joysticks found

4. fd gets unblocked?

5. Joystick support....

6. FreeBSD boot problem; can't find files

7. Joystick support

8. ould not bind to address my.se.rv.er port 444

9. Joystick support?

10. Joystick support in 2.4.4

11. Looking for help with Gravis joystick support under 2.2.14

12. Joystick support for Doom

13. Joystick support in X?