xterm locks in Blackbox

Post by Josh Flechtne » Tue, 30 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Greetings:

    Im running Blackbox-0.51.x and am having problems with the xterm
locking up everytime I run another application. As long as nothing else
is running I can use the xterm fine, it's only when I have another
application up. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Josh Flechtner

--
http://www.bright.net/~jafgon

xterm locks in Blackbox

Post by Andreas Ferb » Wed, 01 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>     Im running Blackbox-0.51.x and am having problems with the xterm
> locking up everytime I run another application. As long as nothing else
> is running I can use the xterm fine, it's only when I have another
> application up. Any ideas?

When you start your X apps from the xterm, you have to add the & sign
to the end of the command line to start the app in the background.
Otherwise the shell (not xterm) waits for the program to end.

Quote:> --------------467EC57BD85A89E422484A12

                ^^^^^^^^^
                Why???

Quote:> Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

--
W..doze is not the answer, it is the question.
LINUX is the answer.