Mach64 DPMS-aftereffects

Post by Timothy David Cro » Sat, 25 Jul 1998 04:00:00

I recently purchased a 2mb Mach64 PCI video card.  After a little
trouble, I got it installed and operating in 16-bit 1024x768 mode.
Now, however, DPMS will load after 20 minutes; that's fine, since
my monitor supports it.  If the screen is off for more than just a
few minutes, though, the screen will be 'flaky' when the computer
wakes up. (It will basically cover the entire screen up with
a checkerboard of white dots.) If a window is moved or something
changes, then that section of the screen will be fixed.  However,
after DPMS runs (no matter how long) I can no longer restart the

Any ideas?  Is there a way to disable DPMS services?  Redraw the
screen after awakening?  The no reset/no exit doesn't bother me
that much...  I am using Afterstep out of AnotherLevel under
RH5.1, and the Mach64 accelerated X server.

Thanks in advance for any information you might be able to provide.

1. AfterEffects-like Apps/video boards

Wondering what's available that's AfterEffects-like
supporting video compression boards with audio
tracking.  (Basically syncing up scanned-in animation
cels and audio, outputting to SVHS/later to DVD.

Thanks,
Bill

2. Kernel panic while ext2chk

3. Mach64 card w/Mach64 or SVGA Xserver

4. Console Colors

5. ATI Mach64 PCIQ: ATI Mach64 PCI, Xwindow problems ?

6. KMail problem

7. NVidia 0.9-6 and DPMS

8. recommended linux laptops?

9. xset dpms no longer works

10. X and DPMS screen blanking...

11. DPMS in X

12. turing on dpms on XFree 3.3.6

13. VNC & Startkde: "DPMS" missing on display...