/dev/mouse

Post by afa » Sat, 07 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I'm running Debian 2.0 on a old Compaq Deskpro.

How can I find out what device /dev/mouse shuld be linked to?

afa

/dev/mouse

Post by Josh Fishm » Mon, 09 Nov 1998 04:00:00

> I'm running Debian 2.0 on a old Compaq Deskpro.

> How can I find out what device /dev/mouse shuld be linked to?

Is your mouse a serial mouse or something else, e.g. a PS/2 mouse?

If it's a serial mouse, probably the easiest way to find out which
port it's on is to do:
 cat </dev/ttyS0
and then move the mouse around, click, etc. If `stuff' gets printed
out you've got the right port. If not, repeat with /dev/ttyS1, S2 &
S3.

If it's a `something else' mouse, find out what. A PS/2 mouse ought
to work if read from /dev/psaux for example.

 - Josh
--
   O<     ( (    "So [camels] long ago plumped for a lifestyle that, in return
 _NH >=O   ) )    for a certain ammount of porterage and being prodded with st-

1. /dev/mouse versus /dev/kbd.

Solaris 2.5

Outside of any windowing environment is it possible to determine
mouse movement versus keyboard action?  Stat'ing /dev/mouse after
a keyboard press results in a the same access time as /dev/kbd and
visa versa.  Therefore with stat I can not determine which device
was actually used since the access time in the stat structures are
updated for both devices.  It's not a biggie but a puzzling question
none the less.

2. Redial in Slip Script

3. help w/ /dev/mouse (/dev/psaux) in X and "cannot find gpm"

4. Dialer Program for PPP/SLIP under X

5. /dev/mouse and /dev/psaux deleted!

6. Linux Drivers for Motherboards currently listed in LhD (part 3)

7. cat /dev/mouse > /dev/audio... Newbie Help

8. XPenguins port?

9. /dev/mouse vs /dev/kdmouse

10. /dev/mouse or /dev/tty00 for Xfree86?

11. /dev/auido /dev/mouse

12. mouse -> /dev/mouse "device or resource busy"

13. /dev/mouse unable to get status of mouse fd