XDM and Virtual Desktops

Post by Murray Stokel » Sun, 20 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Is there anyway to remove the virtual desktop feature when XDM is
waiting for a login?  And only enable it after the user has logged in?
Or maybe at least there is a way to center the login box relative to the
visual screen instead of the virtual one?  Thanks for any help.  (please
email replies)
--

  CGI Programmer - Raw-Media Design

1. no virtual desktop, still the desktop bigger than the screen

Hi,

I have set up X in Slackware to run in the 800x600 resolution
with no virtual desktop. However when I start X windows, the
desktop is still a little bit bigger than the monitor screen.

It seems that this is not the virtual desktop problem because
the desktop is only *slightly* bigger than the screen, and
there is only one virtual panel available.
The problem disapears when I swith to higher resolution.

What may be wrong?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

2. xvattr brightness

3. X desktop resolution and virtual desktop

4. PPPD & CHAT SCRIPT WON'T DIAL

5. no virtual desktop, still the desktop bigger than the screen

6. Laptops and LINUX

7. Virtual Desktop/No Virtual Setting

8. finger - exploit ?

9. Matrox Mystique ands X.