Help: Configuring Cirrus Logic cl6420 chipset

Help: Configuring Cirrus Logic cl6420 chipset

Post by Christian N. Aba » Tue, 26 Mar 1996 04:00:00

I have a TI TravelMate 4000 DX2/50 laptop with 20 megs.  I have
recently installed the Debian release of Linux and I am currently
working on installing the XFree86 X-Windows system.  I have the
following problem:

After configuring XFree86 by running xf86config and using startx or
even simply x to fire up the GUI, my screen doesn't quite draw itself
properly...

It runs without any errors except the GUI appears as 9 mini-windows,
and they are too small to make out anything.  I know its running,
because I can see pixels change when I type.  I can exit an xterm and
it closes something in one of those mini-windows, but still, it's way
too small to make out anything.  The only was I can exit is to
<ctrl-alt-bkspace> and it kills the GUI, but freezes the keyboard
input.  The only thing left to do is a cold boot!

So I've tried tweaking the dotclocks, the vertical and horizontal
refresh rates, etc, etc, etc...HELP!

Has anyone out there successfully installed X-windows on a TI
TravelMate 4000? I have read and re-read the HOWTOs, I have a copy of
the O'Riely "Running Linux" book, I've been watching the newsgroups, I
have tried for over a month to get this to work, can anybody help?!?

A post to this newsgroup or even a personal email would be GREATLY
appreciated!!

Thanks in advance ;)
Christian N. Abad

1. Help: Cirrus Logic cl6420 chipset config

[...]

2. Xserver for 3D Lab Permedia 2???

3. Configuring X for a Cirrus Logic chipset

4. Why does netscape 4.7 hog so much CPU with Linux Redhat 6.0 - glibc2 version?

5. Configuring Xwindows with a Sony fixed frequency monitor and Cirrus Logic GD-5480 chipset video card

6. NE2000 card problems

7. New User Help: Cirrus Logic 5446 Chipset

8. SMI/Sendmail 8.7 on Solaris 2.6

9. Help installing X368 Ver 3.1.2G with Cirrus Logic gd 7543 video chipset

10. Help with XFree386 2.1 Cirrus logic chipset

11. Need to run Linux on Cirrus Logic 7543 video chipset--HELP!

12. Help: Signal 11 from X w/ Cirrus Logic GD5426 Chipset

13. Cirrus Logic Chipset.