1. rxvt 2.16/2.18b2 no utmp?
Hi. I'm having a problem with "w" "who" and rxvt. If I fire up xterm as a
login shell, the login shows up in w who and finger. However, if I run rxvt
as a login shell, it doesn't report the login with w who and finger.
Now, i've gotten and compiled rxvt-2.16 and 2.18b2. I have made sure that
I set USE_UTMP in the compile options. I have chowned it root.bin and
chmoded it u+s. However, it still doesn't work.
I also tried chowning it root.root. That didn't work either.
v2.16 makes you pick SYSV style utmp or BSD style utmp. I've tried it
Also, looking at the strace output it seems like it's opening and writting
to utmp, but it's not showing up.
I'm using kernel 2.0.3, libc 5.0.9. Gcc 2.7.0.
Mark E. Levitt
Department of Speech Communication, Syracuse University
Home Page: http://web.syr.edu/~melevitt
PGP fingerprint = B8 A3 AA A6 0F 83 9A BE F2 7A 19 F9 15 79 FE A4
Public key available from http://web.syr.edu/~melevitt/pgpkey.html
2. pppd does not appear to respond to the mtu/mru options
3. 1.1.64, rxvt and utmp blues
4. Installing Win95 and SuSE on a P75...
5. Is rxvt 1.93 /etc/utmp support broken under Linux?
6. incorrect partition table
7. rxvt-2.18 utmp problems
8. HP printer problem
9. rxvt and utmp
10. Is a termcap entry needed to use rxvt ?
11. How to remove utmp/wtmp entries?
12. Changing utmp entry for Solaris 2.x