Intel i810 chipset, AC97 drivers for sound

Intel i810 chipset, AC97 drivers for sound

Post by Rob Syke » Wed, 19 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hi All,

I'm running Suse 6.4 and am trying to find drivers for the i810 chipset
which if I'm right manages (other things) the sound for my computer. From
what I can gather this manager implements AC97 specification.

So, 1) has anyone had success driving the i810 chipset to produce good
noises? and
, if not, 2) can anyone point me to the AC97 spec

Cheers for now

--
Rob Sykes

Remove NOSPAM to e-mail

Post by D G » Wed, 19 Jul 2000 04:00:00

> Hi All,

> I'm running Suse 6.4 and am trying to find drivers for the i810 chipset
> which if I'm right manages (other things) the sound for my computer. From
> what I can gather this manager implements AC97 specification.

> So, 1) has anyone had success driving the i810 chipset to produce good
> noises? and
> , if not, 2) can anyone point me to the AC97 spec

> Cheers for now

http://www.alsa-project.org/

I've heard that Suse 6.4 includes this.

--
DG

(remove the Z's--they're what I do when I read SPAM!)

Post by Rob Syke » Thu, 20 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> http://www.alsa-project.org/

> I've heard that Suse 6.4 includes this.

You know one day, I'm going to sit myself right down and read the reams of
documentation that comes with Suse - I pay a few pounds (euros) for a decent
release with support and then ignore all the useful stuff

Thanks loads and may your shadow never fade :-)

--
Rob Sykes

Remove NOSPAM to e-mail

Post by Rob Syke » Fri, 21 Jul 2000 04:00:00

> > Hi All,

> > I'm running Suse 6.4 and am trying to find drivers for the i810 chipset
> > which if I'm right manages (other things) the sound for my computer.
From
> > what I can gather this manager implements AC97 specification.

> > So, 1) has anyone had success driving the i810 chipset to produce good
> > noises? and
> > , if not, 2) can anyone point me to the AC97 spec

> > Cheers for now

> http://www.alsa-project.org/

> I've heard that Suse 6.4 includes this.

> --
> DG

> (remove the Z's--they're what I do when I read SPAM!)

Worked straight out of the box !

Many Thanks

--
Rob Sykes

Remove NOSPAM to e-mail

1. Intel i810 chipset, AC97 sound driver

Hi All,

I'm running Suse 6.4 and am trying to find drivers for the i810 chipset
which if I'm right manages (other things) the sound for my computer. From
what I can gather this manager implements AC97 specification.

So, 1) has anyone had success driving the i810 chipset to produce good
noises? and
, if not, 2) can anyone point me to the AC97 spec

Cheers for now

--
Rob Sykes

Remove NOSPAM to e-mail

--
Rob Sykes

Remove NOSPAM to e-mail

2. True Type on KDE 3 (RedHat 8.0)

3. No sound. Intel i810 chipset

4. Can't detect Adaptec 1540B during boot up Red Hat 6.1

5. i810/AC97 convert to 8bit sound

6. Minicom ANSI Prob SOLVED!

7. sound config with intel i810 mobo onboard sound

8. swap space

9. Question: Drivers for latest Intel chipset graphics/sound?

10. [RFCA] Sound: adding /proc/driver/{vendor}/{dev_pci}/ac97 entry for es1371 driver

11. xfree86 won′t work with intel i810 chipset

12. XFree86 with Intel i810 chipset

13. Sound Via Tech Chipset onboard AC97 PCI Audio