xf86OpenConsole: Cannot open /dev/console (Interrupted system Call)

xf86OpenConsole: Cannot open /dev/console (Interrupted system Call)

Post by Anar Babayev Tofig og » Fri, 31 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Hello,
I am not a profesional at Linux.

I am using Linux-1.2.13.
By default init starts with runlevel 4 used to load xdm.(reserving only
tty6, in case X fails).
We took the maching from one lan to another and changed rc.inet1 to set up
new ip addresses(temporarily, took the case and installed another monitor,
keyboard, mouse to it). Started normally, logged in normally, started xterm,
changed rc.inet1 and made shutdown and rebooted. It didn't install xdm.
the process was on but display shows nothing. xdm-error file contains
the line which is in subject.(I guess after we kills the process).
Note it loaded normally the first time after we had changed its place.
What is the problem?
I really need your help.
Thank you in advance,
Anar Babayev.