Please Help! Can't load XKB Keymap!

Post by Jason Bon » Fri, 12 Jan 2001 13:28:52

I find this line in my /var/log/XF86CONFIG0 (or something named close to
that):

Error: Cannot open "compiled/server-0.xkm" to write keyboard description
Couldn't load XKB keymap, falling back to pre-XKB keymap

And it doesn't load any of my key-swapping or repeat rate info...what is
wrong?  Thanks,

  Jason

Please Help! Can't load XKB Keymap!

Post by Julius Longaue » Sat, 13 Jan 2001 02:31:15

Quote:> I find this line in my /var/log/XF86CONFIG0 (or something named close to
> that):

> Error: Cannot open "compiled/server-0.xkm" to write keyboard description
> Couldn't load XKB keymap, falling back to pre-XKB keymap

> And it doesn't load any of my key-swapping or repeat rate info...what is
> wrong?  Thanks,

>   Jason

what version of xfree and what distribution do you use?

julius

Post by Gilles Gosseli » Sat, 13 Jan 2001 08:23:53

>> Error: Cannot open "compiled/server-0.xkm" to write keyboard description
>> Couldn't load XKB keymap, falling back to pre-XKB keymap
>>   Jason
> what version of xfree and what distribution do you use?
> julius

        Hi,
priori, 2 ways to do that:
1- For Suse etc : /etc/X11/xkb is a link to /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb.
2- For Slackware:  in root: ln -s /var/state/xkb /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb.
Backup your  /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb before !
Hope this help.
--

Moltkestrasse 19
77933 LAHR GERMANY

1. Couldn't load XKB keymap??? Please help--

Running startx (or xinit), the following errors are reported to
stdout/stderr:
        parse error: line 1 of stdin
        Errors encountered in stdin; not compiled
        Couldn't load XKB keymap, falling back to pre-XKB keymap

X starts "properly", except that the keyboard isn't properly set up,
at least not the way I'd like it.  I'm trying to get that straightened out.
The only direct modifications to the startup scripts has been to fix the
PEX/XIE not loaded problem; otherwise it's straight out of the box, with
just the usual alterations for video card and monitor [#9GXE64-Pro,
Sony 15" Trinitron].

This is on a RH4.0 system with XFree 3.2.2, from rpm's (though some
heavy handedness had to be used to overcome the initial XFree version).

I'd appreciate any help (including pointers to documentation that I've
overlooked).

        -frank

2. Problem with booting DOSEMU

3. Please Help! Can't load XKB Keymap!

4. Checking for new files in a directory

5. Can't load XKB keymap?

6. Need Help with CDROM

7. Couldn't load XKB Keymap

8. Performance problem PL-5500