XF86Config for Diamond Speedstar A50?

Post by Le » Mon, 17 May 1999 04:00:00

Got my linux installed. Trying to set X up, and stuck with no real
data for Diamond Speedstar A50 PCI card. X starts, but rejects pretty
much all the settings and settles on 320x200, which is uhhhhh
unusable.

One culprit is that proble only came up with one clock setting, but I
can't find any others anywhere, and I'm leery of "playing" lest my
broke-dick old monitor fizzle and die. It's a 14" Link w 30-50KHz H,
500-100KHz V, and 65MHz bw, says max is 1024 x 768 - works perfectly
well w Windoze 95/98.

So, how about it? Anyone got some running config or sources of same?

Leo

1. Diamond Speedstar A50, xf86config choice probs, SUSE 5.3

Thanks ahead of time

xf86config in S.U.S.E. 5.3 does not have a selection for my monitor and
video driver.  I'm running an view sonic graphic series gs771 and a
diamond speedstar A50 8mb AGP.  Should I edit the file or try and go
through the xf86config program?  I didn't get a complete documentation
on these so what settings should I use for both?

From what I can find the video card uses a 6326AGP chipset from SIS and
a RAMDAC of 200 Mhz.

Thanks again for your help

Mike

2. MAC vs PC

3. Diamond Speedstar A50 ok XFree86 3.3.3.1, NG XFree86 3.3.5

4. BTTV/BT878 - fullscreen problems

5. Diamond Speedstar A50 SIS6326: Works, but no text or cursor!

6. exec problem on Solaris 2.6

7. Diamond Speedstar A50

8. sendmail. Unable to qualify domain??

9. Diamond SpeedStar A50 XFree86 support?

10. RH v6.0 with Diamond Speedstar A50 & KDS VS-19sn - Help with X setup ...

11. Diamond SpeedStar A50 AGP

12. diamond speedstar A50 open GL driver

13. Mandrake 6 Diamond Speedstar A50 setup