display garbage after exiting X

Post by Mike Cunningh » Mon, 30 Jan 1995 09:56:41

I have a problem with my video card displaying garbage on the screen
after I exit Xwindow. This isn't the kind of garbage you get from
displaying a binary file, it's the type that totally screws the display.
Switching to different consoles (alt-F1 etc...) doesn't help. I end up
having to reboot to reset the video card. X runs fine, and I can run
programs in 640x480, 800x600 and 1024x768 with no problem. It's only
after I exit X that the display goes bad.

My system:
486DX2/66 VLB
Orchid Kelvin 64 VLB w/1meg (uses CLDG5434)
NEC 3FGe

I have the "clocks" line commented out and tried using the "no_bitblt"
and "noaccel" options, but these didn't work. I checked the
Cirrus.README, VideoModes.doc and all the X and setup FAQ's I could find.

Can somebody point me in the right direction?  I've run out of ideas.

--
Mike Cunningham                              finger for more info
"Before I talk, I should read a book"  F. Schneider - Mesopotamia

1. Help:Garbage screen after exit from X

After exiting from any window manager, my video card does not reset

appears to represent whitespace}.  The card I'm using is a Hercules
Stingray PCI w/1mb memory, the machine is a Pentium 60 w/16mb. I've
matched the clocks exactly in my xf86config file.  If I want to exit X,
a reboot of the machine is required. Any suggestions?

2. *** FINGER ***

3. Screnfulls of garbage when exit XWindows

4. Password protecting the OpenWindows screen.

5. Garbage on terminal after exiting from X-windows

6. what is Red Hat doing?

7. Garbage on screen after exiting fwm95-2

8. library load problem with X-windows

9. X3.1.1 garbage on screen after exit

10. ASCII Garbage on X Exit?

11. Garbage when exiting X