startx: Error: invalid colormap size ..

Post by Marc Jaege » Tue, 03 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Hi,
IN> startx
OUT> BImageControl::BImageControl:invalid colormap size 125 (5/5/5)

what that mean ?
thanks for your help
Marc

1. invalid Colormap error

I'm having a problem opening an app in X Window. Each time I try to open
it as the normal user, I get the following error message:

X Error of failed request: BadColor (invalid Colormap parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request: 84 (X_AllocColor)
  Resource id in failed request: 0x0
  Serial number of failed request: 70

This is a Red Hat 7.3 box.

I've tried several things to resolve this issue. First, I used xhost +. Then, I
changed from 24-bit color to 16 and back. Finally, given that the box was
running XFree86 4.0.3, I upgraded to 4.3.0. Still no luck.

Again, I can run this app as the root user - just not as the normal user.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

2. Cirrus Logic EP7211 ?

3. "Invalid audio buffer size" error. Help.

4. try

5. How to fix sox "Invalid audio buffer size 0" errors?

6. Can someone tell me about adaptec 2906 scsi?

7. startx mesg: Cannot allocate colormap entry

8. Borland C++ & Linux [update]

9. X11 and Colormaps ... how to use my own Colormap?

10. After running startx: Caught error 11, fatal error, Server aborted

11. YDL 1.2 X errors FontPath, Default Font `Fixed` error on startx

12. error: Linux Error: 22: Invalid argument