full screen for netscape????

Post by Mari » Sat, 03 Apr 1999 04:00:00

were can I find something like this???
Thanks!!

full screen for netscape????

Post by Andrew Robertso » Tue, 06 Apr 1999 04:00:00

> were can I find something like this???
> Thanks!!

Repost, explaining "exactly" what you mean

Andy

full screen for netscape????

Post by Mari » Thu, 08 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I have program in windoz calld full screen doing what his name said
so I was thinking will be nice to see him in linux

> > were can I find something like this???
> > Thanks!!

> Repost, explaining "exactly" what you mean

> Andy

full screen for netscape????

Post by Miche » Fri, 30 Apr 1999 04:00:00

> I have program in windoz calld full screen doing what his name said
> so I was thinking will be nice to see him in linux

In Linux they call it console. No you don't. Netscape uses motif which only works
under the X window. If you wish to write libraries to replace motif and that would
run in full screen mode, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to recompile Netscape
under the console. As to whether it is worthwhile, I would say NO!

--
use OS/2 for a crash proof work environment
use Linux for safe and quick internet access

full screen for netscape????

Post by jed » Fri, 30 Apr 1999 04:00:00

>> I have program in windoz calld full screen doing what his name said
>> so I was thinking will be nice to see him in linux

>In Linux they call it console. No you don't. Netscape uses motif which only works
>under the X window. If you wish to write libraries to replace motif and that would
>run in full screen mode, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to recompile Netscape
>under the console. As to whether it is worthwhile, I would say NO!

        You can do fullscreen under X. The app coders just have to know how to
        support it. CivCTP & Xawtv does what he's wanting Netscape to do just fine.

--

    Microsoft subjected the world to DOS until 1995.             |||
         A little spite is more than justified.                 / | \

                        In search of sane PPP Docs? Try http://penguin.lvcm.com