Video Card Troubles

Post by deKe » Sun, 20 Dec 1998 04:00:00

OK I just installed 5.2 and I have a Matrox G100 8meg AGP vid card.
I've fiddled around within the installation and then with Xconfig but
its pretty obvious this card isn't supported yet.  So I'm wondering if
there is anyway I can get the screen to go beyond 8 bit 640 x 480.
Preferably I'd like 24 bit 800 x 600.  Also is there a good spot on
the web to get the latest developed drivers. I figure the G100/200
should be supported soon because they're from Matrox and prety
popular.
        Also, how do I get the whole screen on my monitor at once? I
hate having to scroll up and down to see everything.

Thanks

Dylan Nash

Video Card Troubles

Post by Matt Opperman » Sun, 20 Dec 1998 04:00:00

And again...

The 'virtual'  line which appears in X86Config - Screen settings is
responsible for a scrolling desktop.  If you don't like that then set
'virtual 0 0', or you can set the x and y value to the actual size of your
screen.  ie 800 600; 640 480.

Hope this helps...

> Also, how do I get the whole screen on my monitor at once? I
>hate having to scroll up and down to see everything.

>Thanks

>Dylan Nash

Video Card Troubles

Post by Mr Cheuk Kong » Tue, 22 Dec 1998 04:00:00

: OK I just installed 5.2 and I have a Matrox G100 8meg AGP vid card.
: I've fiddled around within the installation and then with Xconfig but
: its pretty obvious this card isn't supported yet.  So I'm wondering if
: there is anyway I can get the screen to go beyond 8 bit 640 x 480.
: Preferably I'd like 24 bit 800 x 600.  Also is there a good spot on
: the web to get the latest developed drivers. I figure the G100/200
: should be supported soon because they're from Matrox and prety
: popular.
:       Also, how do I get the whole screen on my monitor at once? I
: hate having to scroll up and down to see everything.

Matrox G100/200 are now supported with XFree86 3.3.3, you can either
download from mirros of www.xfree86.org or if you are using RH distribution,
try this url to get the updates.

http://sunsite.doc.ic.ac.uk/Mirrors/updates.redhat.com/5.2/i386

Chris

1. SpeedStar A50 Video Card trouble

Hi,

I am trying to install RedHat 5.1  -  all goes well except that my video
card is not recognized and so running StartX fails.

I have a Diamond SpeedStar A50 video card, which is not one of the standard
video card choices.  Selecting the unrecognized card choice and answering
the questions that follow, is how I proceed.  It appears not to work,
however.  Anyone else got a SpeedStart A50?  How did you make it work?
Thanks!

Bob.

2. lprng + samba = text only printing

3. Video card trouble: ATI All in Wonder 8 meg

4. nsend to NetWare4-Server fails

5. trident video card trouble

6. apache (1.3.2, mod_ssl, PHP3) expects .htaccess in EVERY directory

7. speedstar pro vl video card trouble?

8. FVWM2 or startx error

9. Diamond Stealth 3D 2000 video card trouble

10. i740 Video Card Troubles

11. SpeedStar A50 Video Card trouble

12. RS/6000 F50 video card trouble

13. Programming video card (ATI card w/ s-video & tv-out) Need direction to correct info