XDMCP without advertising

Post by Reg » Sat, 26 Apr 2003 06:51:02

On our network we have several machines that are XDMCP hosts. I would like
to set up another computer as an XDMCP host but I don't want it to show up
in any chooser lists. (Clients would have to connect to directly with
something like X :1 -query machinename). How can I set the machine up so
that it does not advertise itself as a host?

Thank you,
Reg

XDMCP without advertising

Post by Binh Nguye » Mon, 28 Apr 2003 01:43:00

/etc/X11R6/xdm/Xaccess

for xdm.

Similarly named file for kdm and gdm.

Binh.

Quote:> On our network we have several machines that are XDMCP hosts. I would like
> to set up another computer as an XDMCP host but I don't want it to show up
> in any chooser lists. (Clients would have to connect to directly with
> something like X :1 -query machinename). How can I set the machine up so
> that it does not advertise itself as a host?

> Thank you,
> Reg

1. xdmcp support without xdm ?

can i provide xdmcp support from my host without haveing xdm locally running ?

--
mfg,
        Markus Fischer

die kunst des coden liegt nicht darin, sinnvollen und optimierten code zu
schreiben, sondern coole fehlermeldungen auszuspucken
                                                                - tpy -

2. Simple Question

3. Dial-up PPP without network? I.e., for XDMCP?

4. Where do I get SPROcc?

5. xdmcp on RedHat 7.1 without dm

6. NONE

7. Starting a remote xsession with Exceed without XDMCP?

8. Hitachi PII 266 Notebook, Ethernet trouble

9. Silly XDMCP/xdm/Linux question -xdm won't issue xdmcp queries properly.

10. Network without cable connection or without modem.

11. telneting into a computer without a monitor and without a keyboard

12. No networking without a driver, No driver without networking???

13. A Chance to get some free advertising