XFree86 Config problem on ThinkPad 755CX

XFree86 Config problem on ThinkPad 755CX

Post by Ken Wallac » Wed, 28 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Posting this for a friend (honest) who has an IBM ThinkPad 755CX.
Linux runs fine except that X (3.1.1) refuses to work properly. The
XFConfig file gets parsed OK and according to ps the X server is running
but it does not produce any output to the screen. Does anyone recognise
this problem or have a copy of a XFConfig file that works on a 755CX ?

Thanks

Ken

1. Thinkpad 755CX and Slackware problems

Since I did'nt get an answer that solved my problem on my first posting,
I try one more time. I have tried to install this:

machine         : Thinkpad 755CX, 75MHz Pentium, 1.2GB harddisk
distribution    : Slackware 3.0
bootdisk        : bare
rootdisk        : color

RESULT: [... means a lot of text that does'nt complain ;-]
-------
boot: floppy=thinkpad
No such image. [TAB] shows a list.
boot: [TAB]
ramdisk drive2  mount
boot: ramdisk floppy=thinkpad
Partition check:
  hda: hda1 hda2
VFS: Insert ramdisk floppy and press ENTER
VFS: Insert root floppy and press ENTER
Kernel Panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 02:1c
_
reboot  [powercycled]
boot: mount floppy=thinkpad
Partition check:
  hda: hda1 hda2
VFS: Insert ramdisk floppy and press ENTER
Kernel Panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 02:1c
-
reboot  [powercycled]
boot:
VFS: Insert ramdisk floppy and press ENTER
VFS: Disk change detected on device 2/28
Corrupted input
RAMDISK : gzip header not found - continuing with conventional load.
Transaction block size = 512
end_request: I/O error, dev 2100, sector 2196960
isofs_read_super: bread failed, dev 0x2100 iso_blknum 549240
HPFS: hpfs_read_super: Not HPFS
Kernel Panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 21:00
-
reboot  [powercycled, time to have som lunch]

Hopefully I'm doing something really stupid, and it's really
easy to fix my problem, in other case I'll give FreeBSD or Solaris
a try :-(

Thanks in advance
--
/Lasse

2. Hardware RAID

3. Linux boot problem on Thinkpad 755CX

4. VRAM and 8500

5. Sound on ThinkPad 755CX

6. Installing Linux on IBM Value Point 6384 - won't find Harddisk!

7. XF86Config for Thinkpad 755CX wanted

8. Best development tools for embedded computers

9. external CD-ROM for ThinkPad 755CX

10. thinkpad 755cx, dock I, SCSI CD

11. WD8024C (Thinkpad 755CX) Support

12. Cant't 'startx'- IBM Thinkpad 755CX 9545HNE-RH5.2, 6.0-HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Thinkpad 755CX (800x600 TFT)