what lines do I have add to my Xsession file to correctly start gnome desktop

what lines do I have add to my Xsession file to correctly start gnome desktop

Post by joe » Sun, 26 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Greetings!

  After I installed the *.deb gnome package then configured it in my
Xsession file using the lines

#!/bin/bash
xterm &
gmc &
window-manager &
panel
exit 0
##

when I try to start x, nothing happens , it just refreshes the screen then
brings me back to the x window login prompt...I dont know whats wrong.

1. GNOME set up... having a hiccup during GNOME start up.

Hello,

I have installed RedHat 6.1. I did not have any trouble in installing.
But When I started startx, GNOME started up. Now I have a peculiar
screen!.
All the highlited items are invisible. When I click on the GNOME main
icon,
I am getting all the items, but each item is not readable. Peculiar is,
as I scroll down,
invisible items are readable, but when it gets high lited, I can not
read. I guess the contrast
colour for high liting an item is not fine. So basically I guess this is
sort of colour
setting for GNOME. How Can I change the default colour combination for
GNOME?
Where are the files? What are the files?

Can any one have clue?
Thanks in advance

Upadhya.
--

2. lost interrupt

3. Gnome 2.0 and the desktop, and Xsession

4. NetZero Is A Java Program

5. Gnome 1.4 Won't Start Correctly

6. Installing linux without using a destribution

7. extract lines having '//' at start

8. Multi-language support...

9. Gnome configure error, gnome-libs version not seen correctly

10. adding new line to external text file below a line that contains <string>

11. How to add a shortcut to RH7.2/GNOME desktop

12. Making gnome NOT restore apps started in the desktop

13. problem with booting my system and/or starting my gnome desktop